Sunday, March 15, 2009

wishful thinking~

wishful thinking is how many get throught the day. wishful thinking to me is somewhere i can go and at the moment those dreams cant be crushed. at times when i was little i dreamed of being a professional basketball player, and i really thought that dream would come true. now i have turned that dream into playing college basketball and then seeing where things go from there. now i know that you have to be an outstanding player to be able to play at that kind of level and that i would have to work really hard to do that. so dreams that i had when i got a little older and into my middle school years became not as fun and creative. i started to realize what would come true or not. so some dreams were to get a special part in a play and little things like that. now, i have dreams such as pass a class, get a 4.0, to play good in a ball game, to graduate high school and go to college and still play college ball. now i guess a dream stays with you your whole life. like me, my dreams consists of basketball most of the time but depending on the time i am in my life, that dream changes slightly. wishful thinking is a way to express yourself. if you were always told what to do and what to be life would get boring. there would be no reason to have dreams. i think that sometimes a person wishful thinks just so they can get through a day. i am sure that there are parents that wishful think so they possibly have something to look forward to all day to keep there mind off what is really happening. wishful thinking can be helpful. but the best of all is it always keeps you wondering....

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Cass! It was so nice to be able to read about wishfully thinking, which I happen to do a lot1 The sad part about relating my life to this post is that I have also changed my goals in life to more realistic expectations...from dreaming of becoming a princess to becoming a mother. keep up the great writing!

    ReplyDelete