Sunday, March 29, 2009

childhood injury

it was July 30th, my dad's birthday. KaCee Simmons always had a bike party before school started. we would all bring our bikes and ride around and have Popsicles and just have a good time. since it was my dad's birthday we were going to go boating so my mom said i could only go for a little while. when i got there we all just started to ride our bikes. after a while this kid came and brought some stuff for a jump. i thought it was really cool. of course i saw the boys doing it and so i wanted to try. so just calm as can be i headed for the jump. i was going like as slow as you could possibly go and you all know that if you are going to go over a jump you have to have speed. ha so i started up the week jump and once my front wheel got over the edge it headed straight down. it was metal on the end of my handlebars so when they started to fall the wheel turned and the handlebar stabbed me right in the chest! i fell down and started to cry. Jana took me into the bathroom and i was bleeding. so after that i just went home and continued on with the day. over time i got a big circled scab and it turned into a scar. to this day, i still have that scar and every time i see it i always remember that dang jump!!

No comments:

Post a Comment